1. Coming up with fancy bento box lunches impressive enough to post on Pinterest (and that he will eat, of course).
2. Worrying that he will cry when I drop him off because he’ll miss me.
3. Worrying slightly more that he WON’T cry when I drop him off!
4. Trying to come up with creative games at 7 a.m. to get him ready quickly.
5. Buying tons of cute school outfits only to have him grow out of them in 3 months.
6. Trying to trick my son into eating sunflower butter instead of peanut butter for lunch.
7. He’ll be making friends. With a roomful of cold-carriers!
8. The fear that he’ll look forward to seeing his teacher more than me.
9. The task of getting him to unlearn the bad habits of other children.
10. Realizing this is the first step towards college. The countdown to an empty nest starts now!
Back to Blog